TED Talk favorite and bestselling author Simon Sinek is committed to helping people discover their why. Described as “a visionary thinker with a rare intellect,” Simon teaches leaders how to inspire people. While our vocation and circumstances will likely change throughout our lives, Simon believes that every one of us has a constant core purpose. He envisions a world in which people go home everyday feeling fulfilled by their work, and he’s leading a movement to inspire people to chase after the things that inspire them.
Simon’s TED Talk from 2009 has over 27 million views and is the third most watched in TED Talk history– a clear sign that his message is resounding with people. In this interview, Simon reveals practical ways to discover our “why”—and how that might be as simple as having an honest, heart-to-heart conversation with someone we trust. If you’ve ever felt anxious about finding your purpose, then we’re confident you’ll find Simon’s message both reassuring and inspiring.
We hope you will join us to hear how Simon’s story shows us that:
- Your “why” is your purpose and the value you offer others
- True happiness and fulfillment come from helping those around you grow and thrive
- Discovering your “why” can help restore your passion for life
- Leadership means being responsible for the people who are responsible for the results
- StartWithWhy.com: Learn more about Simon’s work
- @SimonSinek: Follow Simon on Twitter
- “Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe”: Watch Simon’s TED Talk
- Together is Better: Buy it on Amazon
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t: Buy it on Amazon
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action: Buy it on Amazon